Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cape Cod, Study, Study, Exam, Pedicure

I am okay, I have not run away, I did not move to the moon, join the circus or anything like that.  If and when I go MIA for a week or so, please do not assume the worst, assume it is exam time and I am waking up at insane hours so that I can study for over 12 hrs, go to bed and then do the same thing the next day.  No need to alert the officials to start a search party, unless there is a need to do so, in which case please do.  Also, please do not take it personal if I do not answer my phone, check my facebook, or respond to emails or texts... during these times my boyfriend and cats meet a different person.  They see is an insane woman making giant posters with notes, and diagrams, and flow charts... and lets not forget to mention the hours of out loud flash card repetition.  I think that in this process Dan, and the cats all should be able to get medical degrees with me, hey four for the price of one, right? 
 So now that we have addressed the "Heidi is a crazy study head" situation, we can get on to the blogging.

The weekend before I became "the crazy study head", my parents invited Dan and I to Provincetown, MA where they were vacationing for a week.  In our typical luck it was a rainy weekend but we made the best of it. 

As we were driving we passed a sign that said something about the side of the road being "soft." A little bit of an understatement?

 We got to celebrate my dad's birthday.  His request... lobster. 
All though it was cloudy/rainy most of the time, the view from the house they rented was amazing.

The first day that we were there, Dan and I were feeling a little under the weather so we bummed around the beautiful house.  Dan taught me how to play "Joy to the World" on the piano, although even having a patient teacher, I have the musical abilities of a rock.

 The following day, my parents and I went to a spice factory, which was really cool.  I stocked up on some tea, a baguette pan (really hard to find), and a whole bunch of different spices (obvious statement).  Then mini (aka my mom), my aunt and I went on a shopping adventure.  I have to say I was proud of my purchases a dress and a bunch of really cute handmade cards.  All in all it was a nice weekend. 

 Must be nice to be able to just walk right out to your boat during low tide.  


And so the week following us getting back, I to quote a friend, started "living under the medical school rock".  But all was not bad, I learned a lot, still really enjoy cardiology and respiratory systems.... and I got a pedicure after!  BLUE with sparkles.  I have two feet, but there was too much coordination involved with taking a picture of both of them. 



And as promised the after photo of the living room/ new desk make over.  I love it.  I was actually able to study at my desk rather than take over the kitchen table for this exam!  I feel like a real adult... yeah, that moment passed. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment