Monday, October 10, 2011

Breakfast for dinner, surprising my parents AND my dad on my motorcycle.

Sometimes we have these nights when we are just not sure what to eat for dinner.  And it always happens sort of like this. 4:30pm: me: "hey what do you think we should do for dinner I didn't take anything out?" Dan: "I dunno" 6:30pm : Dan: "so what are we going to do for dinner?" me: "I dunno." And then at 8:30pm I wander into the kitchen open up the fridge and decide... BREAKFAST.  Eggs, toast, pancakes, bacon... are some of my favorite foods and yet often they get overlooked for the healthier options, cereal, smoothie, oatmeal...  A few nights ago Dan and I had above conversation.  I have to admit while delicious, I think we both have decided to go bacon-free for a little bit. 

This weekend being a beautiful 85 degree weekend, Dan and I decide to ride our motorcycles to CT and surprise my parents. It was only a few months ago that my parents learned of my motorcycling riding.  After two motorcycle road trips and about 4,000 miles of riding, I finally gained the courage to tell them.  In my defense, they did claim that they would disown me if they found out I had been riding.  But all in all they took the news very well and my mom now likes to sing this Motorcycle Mama song whenever I am around.  We had originally intended  to show my parents my riding abilities on the 4th of July but long story short we had to abandoned my first baby on the side of the Jersey turnpike.  So Dan and I decided that this weekend we would ride up and show them by beautiful new red Ninja.   Funny thing about surprises is that sometimes they do not work out quite as you plan.  We drove up on Friday afternoon, beat the unbearable traffic and arrived at my parents house in the evening only to discover they weren't there!   Not knowing we were coming they decided to go to a friend's party but they did return late that night.... and the next day....

 

My dad, a long time rider, gave both our bikes a spin.  Look at the smile, if I am not careful he just might steal it.








AND if that was not amazing enough.  My mom rode on the back of the bike with Dan! and she liked it.  We are now trying to convince them that they NEED to get a Honda Gold Wing to cruise the countryside with.

I have to admit, I had a wonderful amazing weekend.  So much so that this morning when I woke up and realized we had to leave I got a bit sad.  On Saturday we hung out with my parents and made a trip to Cabela's, which for us nerds is like a child in a candy shop.  On Sunday, Dan and I got to enjoy the wonderful CT roads which are joyously free of insane traffic.  We took these great roads, ate at First and Last, visited Gillette Castle, and then when we got home we had a wonderful visit with Vasana and my nieces and nephew.
I swear that I am not encouraging them too young.



To top it all of there was Scrabble (totally the cherry on my sundae), although Dan had play to while multi-tasking.   

1 comment: