Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Introducing...

To be traditional I thought I would start with a quick blurb about why I made this blog.  I am writing to share my life in med school and beyond with friends and family that we no longer live close to.  Also to prove that medical school while consuming is not COMPLETELY consuming.  I thought this might encougage me to finish some projects, start some new ones, and share our adventures.  Enjoy.

I thought a good way to start would be to introduce my Long Island family to everyone.
So to start we have my wonderful boyfriend, Dan who made the plunge and moved to this special place with me.  He is a great guy.  We have been dating for almost two years and I am not sure I would have made it through my first year of medical school without him.  He is also the fantastic person who taught me how to ride a motorcycle! and attempting to teach me standard.    
  Then there is Kittie... He is our cuddle, attention MONSTER.  Dan has had him for about 11 years now, but I swear he is starting to love me more.
This is Paws.  We are so creative with naming our animals, we know.  He is actually the kitten, a year and a few months old, but has a slight weight problem so looks  slightly  bigger.

So this is my LI family... I love them all dearly and they all help me get through the joys and stresses of school.

A great way that Dan I have gotten out stress/ gotten exercise is by taking our bicycles out.  While we do not love being on an island stuck with some of the most inconsiderate people in the world... we are surrounded by beaches and water.  So when we go for bicycle rides we get some amazing views.
 
Yesterday I needed to burn off some "I have been sitting in a dark lecture hall way too long" energy and we took our bikes to this pier.   Maybe one day we will own one of these.  But more likely a row boat.
We had to make it up a gigantic hill, atleast for me it was gigantic and felt like it was taking forever.  I snapped this shot while I was attempting to catch my breath. 

1 comment: