Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fieldtrip Friday to the 86th Floor

For Christmas this past year, Dan and I asked for tickets to do some stuff in NYC.  So my  brother and sister-in law got us tickets to the 86th floor observatory at the Empire State Building and a gift card to a restaurant (big thank you to them).  We decided about a week ago that the next nice day when I did not have class we would go for it!  So yesterday, after class we grabbed a NYC bound train and headed up the 86 floors.
 The view was pretty sweet.
 A little scary when you look down.We also began wondering how many people lost their cameras over the ledge daily.  Maybe that is the second way the building makes money!
And then there was FOOD.  We went to this place Blue Smoke a few blocks a way cause I had a feeling it was very "Dan and Heidi style."  The food was fantastic.  I think Dan is still drooling over their deep fried bacon. 
I had the most delicious pulled pork sandwich and spicy cheese fries, I know very healthy!  I am not sure what Dan had because it was gone so fast, okay j/k but he did say it was the best bacon burger he has had.   I have to say coming from Dan that says a lot. 
 Then of course.  There was dessert.  For me key-lime pie and for Dan the malted vanilla milkshake.  So very good.  All in all an excellent Friday afternoon date. 
For all those curious I even got some work done when we got home.  Yay cardiomyopathies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment