Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We've got spring fever, how about you?

I think it can officially be said that Dan and I (and the cats) have already jumped into spring thinking.  Please focus on this horrible photo taken this morning, from our front stoop because I did not want to get my socks wet.  There are a few things to be noted: 1.) Dan has reseeded our lawn/dirt, hopefully this year we will have some grass as opposed to 50% dirt, 50% moss.  2.) We cleaned our table and got our chairs out.  Yesterday I did a few hours of work outside enjoying the 60 degree sunny day!  3.) Tucked behind the grill I have compiled all of my "gardening" supplies.  Gardening is in quotes because I am not sure having a bunch of vegetable pots counts as real gardening. 4.) I finally took our Christmas lights down...  I know I am a little slow on it, but better late than never. 

The beyond gorgeous day yesterday also inspired last nights dinner: hamburgers (for Dan), grilled veggies (for me), grilled potato slices, and BBQ chicken.  It was delicious.  My favorite grilled food is vegetables, they are so flavorful with just a smidge of olive oil and salt and pepper.  The other great thing about grilling is the lack of dishes...  So glad my dad taught me the art of grilling and Vasana taught me the art of how NOT to turn on the grill.  (Sorry Vas, I couldn't help myself)


In addition to the patio, something else got a make over.... the Camry

For years my dad has been telling me that I need new shocks, struts, and whatsa-callits and for years I have been putting it off.  Well this weekend all that changed, my reliable 160,000 mile Camry got an overhaul with some new parts.  I have to admit I forgot what driving is supposed to feel like.  I think my car gained a full foot more from the ground.  We put a ginormous bag of potting soil ($2 at garage sale) in the trunk and she didn't even drop an inch!  In addition to her lift, her insides got all snazzed up with a new stereo with satellite radio! 


Have I ever mentioned that I have the best mechanic. 








1 comment:

  1. Oh I love me some grill food! And, as much of a grill master as I know your dad to be, I can't help but remember the ONE time he blew off all his arm hair in a mini explosion, teeheehee. <3 you

    ReplyDelete