Friday, November 25, 2011

Two People Met Two Years Ago

Since two years ago, Thanksgiving has an extra special meaning to me.  Just a few days before Thanksgiving, two years ago Dan and I first met.
 FYI: mine is the one on the right with all the sprinkles...
Our first date was a full day of: mall, pizza, and park.  Our second date, the very next day, was a hike and peanut butter sandwiches (a specialty of Dan).  And our third date the night before Thanksgiving, I made him dinner and won him over with the Mikolinski's famous mashed potatoes. 

I am not the most whimsical or hopeless romantic type, but by the time we had reached the top of the mountain on our second date, I knew I had met someone special.  For those of you who don't know Dan, there is just something about him, you just know he is truly a good honest man right upon meeting him (one of the many reasons why I love him).  Anyways since we first met we have been pretty much inseparable and have had so many wonderful adventures together.  Here are just a few of my favorites.

We have gone on many hikes in many many different places.
 and on occasion gotten lost
 but for the most part found our way
  Did I mention we went on a lot of hikes?  Even in the snow!



We have checked out a lot of cars....  
 from Boston




to Tennessee
And then there was more hiking....


 and successful stream crossing (at least for Dan)
 I chose the easier route...
Then there is the bicycle adventures...

And the motorcycle ones...

and some motorcycle camping, exploring some the States.















 and when we got home we also explored Cape Cod...

 There are so so many more memories I could add here, but shall refrain myself.  But I do want to say a special thanks to the person who has brightened so many of my days.  Someone who makes me laugh even when I am being grouchy.  Someone who always knows when I am upset, even if I don't really know it and then knows how to make me feel better.  Someone incredibly smart, good at fixing things, amazingly talented at video games and not to forget, very handsome.  While I can not believe it has been two years since we first met, I can not imagine my life with out you.  









2 comments:

  1. Heidi, I enjoyed reading about your relationship with Dan, and your journeys thus far. You sound so happy and I'm happy you found each other. Thanks for sharing. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, happy anniversary! I love yous and all your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete